Have you ever wanted a JBC article and been irritated by the need to type ‘Journal of Biological Chemistry’ into your literature search engine?
Have you ever struggled to remember what ‘PNAS’ stands for? – ‘Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America’ in case you wanted to know!
The new vernacular journal title search feature in UK PubMed Central solves both of these problems.
You can now search for certain journals by vernacular title instead of needing to type out the name in full. We currently handle five commonly used acronyms and abbreviations:
- EMBOJ for The EMBO journal.
- JAMA for JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association.
- JBC for The Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- NEJM for The New England Journal of Medicine.
- PNAS for Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
Hopefully you’ll save valuable seconds on your next journal search – every little helps!
For the latest UKPMC developments and more, follow us on Twitter: UKPMCUpdates